- RIM's popular brand of BlackBerry smartphones was exclusively designated as the "Official Smartphone of Ticketmaster."
- With this agreement, Ticketmaster will move beyond the physical ticket to providing wireless, fan-friendly convenience with BlackBerry smartphones.
- BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to browse, search, and purchase tickets to live entertainment while on the go.
- Ticketmaster and RIM are developing an exclusive software application that allows BlackBerry smartphone users untethered access to browse and purchase tickets to the hottest shows, games and exhibits available on Ticketmaster.com, TicketsNow.com, and GetmeIn.com.
- Additionally, this agreement supports the digital-to-real media experience as BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to browse music then sample cuts, and purchase tickets to that live entertainment event.
- BlackBerry smartphone users can receive anytime, anywhere email alerts with news and information about upcoming music, family and sporting events.
- BlackBerry® Wallet users will also enjoy seamless access to their credit card and reward card information when purchasing through Ticketmaster on their BlackBerry smartphone..
- This agreement marks the first end-to-end mobile e-commerce solution for smartphone-based ticket purchasing in North America.
- The RIM-Ticketmaster agreement is exclusive to the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- No other terms or conditions of this RIM - Ticketmaster agreement were disclosed.
- Life on BlackBerry just got cooler with Ticketmaster.
"The BlackBerry platform is the ideal platform for mobile e-commerce. With its inherent flexibility, stability and security, the BlackBerry platform allows application providers to offer e-commerce solutions that people will feel confident using," said Jim Balsillie, co-CEO at Research In Motion. "We are very excited to be working with Ticketmaster to provide this exclusive value-added service to our customers."
"Our new agreement with RIM ushers in the next generation of lifestyle innovation designed to conveniently connect fans to live entertainment," said Sean Moriarty, Ticketmaster's chief executive officer. "BlackBerry users will now have access to browse, search, and make purchases from Ticketmaster.com whenever and wherever they want. The excitement of the live entertainment experience just went mobile."
"This is a prime example of Ticketmaster teaming with another leading brand to exclusively reach the more than 58 million registered Ticketmaster.com users with news and information about their favorite bands, teams, events, and exhibits," said Greg Consiglio, senior vice president, Business Development at Ticketmaster. "BlackBerry is the ideal smartphone platform for live entertainment fans to stay connected everywhere."