Key features include:
- Games, ringtones and wallpapers, easily accessible through the @metro App Store.
- 100,000+ applications in the Android Market to do, enjoy and share, and nearly 60 percent of Android Market apps are free.
- The latest Android 2.2 operating system to access Google mobile.
- Text, email, IM, blogs and streaming video to express yourself whenever, wherever.
- A first-class device with superior, high-end champagne finish.
- Brilliant 3.2" tempered touchscreen with virtual QWERTY keyboard, Swype embedded.
- 3.2 MP camera for sharing pics on social media networks.
- Easy Wi-Fi connectivity - for incredibly simple and swift connections to Wi-Fi networks.
- Multi-app screens to organize your content.
"This holiday season, we're giving customers what they've wished for -- an affordable Android smartphone with a full spectrum of applications and unlimited services to do more like never before," said Roger Linquist, chairman, president and CEO of MetroPCS. "LG Optimus M opens a path to the growing Android market and takes us one step closer to providing a full-service, postpaid experience while maintaining the affordability, flexibility and predictability of our Wireless for All(SM) services."
"LG and MetroPCS have come together to offer consumers the first no annual contract Android smartphone at an exceptional value," said Tim O'Brien, vice president of consumer and trade marketing for LG Mobile Phones. "LG Optimus M is an easy-to-use handset with the capabilities of the latest Android technology and features to enhance the consumers' experience."