The list of features in the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update are impressive, with the addition of download manager, active app management, shortcuts, one-touch copy/paste, widgets, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, camera geotagging, improved email synching, and camera auto-focus improvements. Read Gingerbread tips.
Enhancements/Fixes to update E18 for Samsung Replenish:
- Upgraded OS from Froyo to Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
- Increased operating system speed and efficiency
- One touch word selection and copy/paste.
- Improved power management and download management.
- SMS messaging fix.
The download and install time is approximately 10 minutes. It will be released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10 days.
Update the software on your phone
Software will be automatically downloaded to your phone
1. A system update screen will prompt the user to 'install now' or 'install later'
- If 'install later is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update
- If 'install now' is selected, the phone will reboot and then begin the software update
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update
Check for software updates
1. Go to the Home screen
2. Tap Menu > Settings > About phone > Update System Software
3. The message Checking for software update. Please wait. will display
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update