30 million Kindle eReaders will be sold in 2012 and 12 million Kindle Fires. Amazon’s ebook sales are expected to be $6.2 million this year, up 176% from 2011. Amazon’s eReader revenue contribution is actually materially greater than its Tablet revenue contribution for the foreseeable future, noted the report.
Here's what the study found:
- 81% of Kindle Fire owners have purchased digital products, 10 percent have purchased physical products and 8 percent have purchased nothing.
- 41% of the Kindle Fire owners said it caused Amazon.com buying activity to increase slighty.
- eReader owners purchase about 2.4 books per month.
- 24% of respondents said they’d purchased five or more e-books in the past 30 days.
- Kindle Fire owners are most likely to use their device to read eBooks (35%), browse the Internet (185), and play games (18 5). Then they use apps(15%), watch videos(6%), listen to music(5%) other(2%) and buy products (1%).