Focus Taiwain reported that maker of Apple products Hon Hai Precision (Foxconn) Chairman Terry Gou "urged consumers to wait for the launch of Apple's iPhone 5, saying that the new model will put Samsung's Galaxy III to shame."
Even though Apple hasn't offered a single detail about the new iPhone (5) the war has begun. This is good news for the Samsung Galaxy S III because a statement from a supplier means that Apple is concerned about the competition.
Many rumors suggest that the new iPhone 5 will have 4" screen and be super thin. But as the Yogis would say all we have is now. Now is the time for the Samsung Galaxy S3 to explode upon the scene.
Summer or Fall, Rise and Fall of the Samsung or Apple Empire?
Like Apple's iPhone there is a perceived shortage of the Samsung Galaxy S3, but you still should be able to get on in the next few weeks while the iPhone 5 is not expected until the fall. Samsung claims the "next big thing is here." Yes, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is big, but is the next big thing?
Samsung Parties Hearty with Wild Life
At the super glitzy party, Samsung launched the device where attendees could shoot hoops with basketball stars. Samsung donated 1.5 Million to the World Wild Life fund. In the party competition the Samsung Galaxy S 3 wins over the iPhone. Where else can you party and save the planet at the same time? Apple marketing tends to focus on the nerds with a brilliant demo by an tech icon but so far has kept profits to itself. If you buy your smartphone according to the best party, the Samsung Galaxy S III wins.
Finish Finishing Line
In order to make the Samsung Galaxy S III so big and not waste too much for pocket or purse, Samsung had to use plastic for its case. Apple products seldom are deemed "plasticky" are often glass or metal. If the case is important to you, wait in line for the next iPhone.
Photo Finish - Tie
Most predict a camera on par with the Samsung Galaxy S III in the iPhone - the SG S3 has many photo software including S Bean to share. If you are not a camera buff, this feature does not matter and you can chose by other features.
The are some barriers among carriers of the iPhone. Currently T-Mobile does not support iPhone. It is not clear if the new iPhone will be available on the T-Mobile network. If your carrier does not support iPhone, the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be your best choice for now.
Here's we get into subjectivity and where the consumer will determine what he/she wants. The best reasons to buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 are:
- You need a big bigger screen and have Samsung connected products such as a Smart TV.
- You want to multitask with big screen, now.
- You need 4G LTE data speed now, in limited AT&T areas or Verizon Wireless, not with Sprint, yet. The new iPhone should have 4G LTE but if data is too slow-mo for you now, you can jump on the Samsung bandwagon.
- Free DropBox storage on T-Mobile and Sprint versions of the SG S3.
- Google Wallet on Sprint Version - which probably will not be supported on the iPhone 5.
- You want it, now.
- You think the iPhone has become a Grandma phone and is no longer cool.
- You thought the latest trial in August was bogus and want to support Samsung.
- You love Jimmey Kimmel and adopt what his programs, shows (see video that follows).
The Samsung Galaxy S III appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live with Kevin Love and Guillermo. If yo want to fit-in with the Jimmy Kimmel crowd, buy now. The Samsung Galaxy S IIIwill also be featured during the Olympics. Let the marketing games begin.