In the continuing legal battle with Apple and iPhone patent infringement, Apple wants to ban the infringing Samsung Galaxy S models. The latest model the Samsung Galaxy S III was excluded from the suit, so that liitgation could progress in a timely manner.
Some analysts have stated that evidence that the iPhone copied other operating systems was ignored. We noted that icons like the iPhone icons have been around for millenium, especially the gear and phone notation.
Many of the models listed that Apple would like banned are still on sale, many have been on the market for a year or more. Most of the models are much cheaper than the iPhone 4S with a contract,Where possible we listed the Amazon or best deal price. As you can see the case may a lot more to do with profits than principles...
- Samsung Galaxy S II - AT&T is no longer for sale at Amazon, while T-Mobile version can be bought for at $99.99 from Wirefly.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket for new customers and upgrades $79.99. (AT&T only)
- Samsung Droid Charge (Verizon) we couldn't find it for sale at online retailers, Verizon Verizon is currently offering it for free with a contract.
- Samsung Epic 4G Touch , aka Samsung Galaxy S II is now only a penny from Amazon with a Sprint contract.
- Samsung Galaxy S 4G (T-Mobile)
- Samsung Galaxy S Showcase (C Spire)
- Samsung Galaxy Prevail (Boost Mobile)
The phabulous phablet the Samsung Galaxy Note, is too big to be banned and is definitely not iPhone-like because you can write an entire article with an S Pen.