TS2R Wireless News: Samsung Galaxy S3 (III) JB Update, AT&T Relief, Mo' iPhone 5 Suing/Satisfaction & Free Wi-Fi
It has been a slow week with most of the world on , here's the news for the week that is "Too Short to Report"
- Samsung Galaxy S III owners in the UK should be getting an update to Android 4.1 Jellybean in October. US SG S3 owners most likely will have a longer wait.
- AT&T pledged support for relief efforts, including a $25,000 donation to the United Way for Greater New Orleans to assist victims of the hurricane.
- It time for Samsung to sue Apple after the iPhone 5 announcement reported the Korean Times for 4G LTE patent infringment in the United States and Korea.
- Verizon Wireless announce Mobile Security Basic and Premium services for virus protection and more.
- OnForce found that Mobile phone satisfaction among IT service professionals is heavily driven by the device itself – far more than the wireless provider. The company also found Apple and Samsung can expect to see a slight increase in market share, rising to 38 and 23 percent, respectively.
- Starting this week, Wi-Fi users with Android phones and tablets, as well as Windows and Macintosh laptops, will be offered complimentary Wi-Fi at thousands of high-traffic locations in dozens of cities nationwide, courtesy of cloud-based digital entertainment destination, Google Play through the end of September. Sponsored Wi-Fi locations include 15 airports, such as New York’s John F. Kennedy, Chicago O’Hare and Seattle-Tacoma, Boingo-enabled Manhattan subway stations, and thousands of hotels, shopping malls, cafés and recreational areas.