According to a Google executive, Vic Gundra on his Google + account the next Nexus will have "insanely great" cameras While packing for a trip Gundra pondered whether he should bring his DSLR camera and took it with him. A commenter asked him about cameras in the next Nexus. It appears the number one use for smartphones and cell phones for that matter is to take photographs.
The conjecturatti and bogusassi contend that LG will announce another Nexus at Mobile World Congress, some believe the latest MWC LG device will the LG Optimus F5 and F7. There are also rumors that a new Nexus will be announced in May at Google I/O with Android 5.0 KeyLime Pie. Other rumors suggest that Motorola is working on a phone codenamed the Motorola X with super features including long battery life and flexible display.
The Nexus 5 will will probably have an improved camera with video capabilities. Earlier, we tested the video capabilities of five of the top smartphones and the Nokia Lumia 920 showed the best image stabilization. Image stabilization is incorporated in the new HTC One therefore we suspect that the next Nexus will have image stabilization. What else should the Nexus 5 include?
Here's the nexus of our desires and maybe yours for the Nexus 5:
- 12MP camera with image stabilization and ability to share it via Android Beam or Wi-Fi Direct or micr0SD.
- $249.99 price tag to match the ChromeBook then it will totally sell out.
- 4G LTE - if Google could include 4G LTE, many would leave their carriers for cheaper prepaid deals.
- Larger Display - the Nexus 4 at 4.7 is big enough for most, but not quite a phablet. However if the Nexus 5 has a 5"screen it would fit with the present numbering scheme with the Nexus 7 at 7" and Nexus 10 at 10". Then it could have handwriting recognition good enough for emails, texts and note taking like the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
- Wireless Charging - although it took a while for Google to release the orb Qi charger, the next Nexus must have at least a wireless charging option. Since Qualcomm announced QuickCharge 2.0 with 75% faster charging, let's throw in faster charging.
- VZW - The Motorola X is a concept dream phone with the number one request that it be compatible with Verizon Wireless' and its 4G LTE network. There are literally millions of Verizon customers with unlimited data plans waiting to find an affordable option who don't want to give up their unlimited data or pay $500 for a new 4G LTE smartphone.
- Available without waiting in line at a Google store. Rumors suggest that Google may get into the retail store market. It would seem that the price then would have to go up to pay for the brick and mortar, unless it were more a Genius Bar with Google helpers. The rumor is so great it turned up in a humorous parody at the Onion.
- microSD card - this makes loading content and printing photos so much easier, however Google is cloud and price focused, therefore we doubt it.
- Replaceable battery with extra large battery - swapping out a battery or being able to added a new double powered one could be Godsend, however, it will add to price.
- Quad-core processor or better.
- Like iPhone when it was cool - some kind of design that is clean and will turn heads.
- Reduced price for advertising. People buy the Kindle Fire HD for $15 less if they get ads on their homescreen, if Google were to reduce the price of the Nexus 5 by $50, many would live with the ads
- Unlocked for all carriers - this is the ultimate pipe dream.
Optional features of the Nexus 5 aka Motorola X:
- Flexible screen.
- Wireless charger and bumper case available at release date.
- Car dock for navigation.
- Wearable as a wristwatch.
- Bluetooth ring or wristwatch controller.
- Viewable with Google glasses.
- Different colors than anything else, like tortoise-shell or vermilion but not Nokia bright cartoon colors.
Basically in the total wishful thinking scenario, people want the fastest smartphone possible at the same price as subsidized smartphones without having to be tied to a two-year contract. The future of Android could be at stake according to our analysis.
Okay gang, tell us what you want and maybe some Android Googler will read it and put it in the phone of your dreams.