Best Top 10: Galaxy Nexus, BlackBerry PlayBook, Moto Xoom, Transformer Prime, Fascinate, Droid Charge,
Most Read Top Wireless and Mobile News Stories this Week in Review:
Our top best read stories this week center around the new super line-up of fall smartphone releases, review of top smartphones of the year, sneak peeks, reviews and release date speculation.
- The most popular news revolves around the coveted Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus showed in a Best Buy mobile buying guide, unlocked US models sold-out, it was torn-apart, demonstrated in videos, expect in stock at Best Buy 12/11 and showed up at the Samsung store in NYC (without Verizon LTE access).
- The BlackBerry PlayBook sold-out when it was reduced to $199.99.
- The most popular Cyber Monday deal was Verizon Wireless' 32GB Motorola Xoom for $199.99, free activation with a contract.
- There Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime had two announced release dates.
- The Samsung Fascinate is getting an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- The Samsung Droid Charge is also getting an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- The next Droid coming from Verizon Wireless is the QWERTY RAZR-like Droid 4.
- Readers loved our first round of countdowns to the Top 10 Best Smartphones of the Year with our look at Consumer Reports AT&T and Sprint top picks.
- The Kindle Fire sales are so fast they are going to beat out the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Nook and other tablets.
- New releases today include the LG Nitro HD, and white Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket from AT&T.