Top Best AT&T: Samsung Galax S II, iPhone 4S, Atrix, LG Thrill, Samsung Focus Flash, Infuse 4G & Focus S
Wireless and Mobile News analysed all the top best hottest coolest smartphones of the year lists and the results are in. We published the results for T-Mobile and Sprint. Today we look at the results for AT&T.
AT&T is the only carrier to have two Windows Phone winners. This is the first year, that the iPhone was not the top reviewers' choice. As with Sprint Samsung is the major maker of the winners with 57% followed by Apple, HTC and Motorola all with 14.28% each.
For the third time the Samsung Galaxy S II topped a carrier best list. With the scores from the highest to lowest, here are the winners. Average ranking, summaries and links to reviews are followed by the best lowest price as of publication.
Wireless and Mobile News' Top Best Coolest Sprint Smartphones Review of Reviews
- Samsung Galaxy S II, 4.24/5 - Reviewers liked the 4.3" Super AMOLED touchscreen, ease of use, cameras, 4G data access, Android versatility. The best price for new customers today is Amazon Wireless at $99.99 for new customers and renewing customers pay $129.99.
- LG Thrill 4G, 4.15/5 - Wireless and Mobile News Review of Reviews rated it 4 out of 5 some reviewers didn't like the 3D novelty.
- iPhone 4S , 4/5 - The best features of the iPhone 4S are its faster performance, superb camera and beautiful touchscreen. The less favored features are you can only upload video in 1080p and Siri is not always accurate.
- Samsung Focus Flash 4/5 - One of the best Windows Phones with fast data speeds and fast processor. The buttons, however, are spongy and the camera is poor. Amazon Wireless sells the Samsung Focus Flash for one-cent for new and renewing customers.
- Samsung Focus S 4/5 - Called the best Windows Phone available, the "S" has smooth performance, great camera and great touchscreen. However, there is some hissing on calls, it's plasticky and Windows Phone has limitations. Amazon Wireless is selling the Samsung Focus S for $19.99 for new customers and $49.99 for renewing customers.
- Motorola Atrix 4G, 4/5 - This innovator was awarded for pioneering of transforming smartphones into a the Webtop experience. After testing it, all reviewers gave high ratings for the speedy dual-core processor, beautiful touchscreen and docks. Amazon Wireless sells it for one-cent for new customers with a contract.
- Motorola Atrix 2, 4/5 -This second generation Atrix has a brighter touchscreen, sharper camera and a solid design. Digital Trends' praised its dual-core processor, high quality screen and comfortable design but disliked the poor volume toggle, ugly UI and camera. The Motorola Atrix 2 sells for $49.99 from Amazon Wireless.
- Samsung Infuse 4G 4.5/5 - At launch, it received a 3.6 out of 5 in reviews and was seen on only one best list. However, it received the highest rating from Consumer Reports. Reviewers of the Samsung Infuse 4G liked the Super AMOLED 4.5" touchscreen, battery life, camera and thinness. It is sold by Amazon Wireless for $49.99 with new contracts.
Use AT&T Coupon-Link $50 Off AT&T Wireless with Plan for new customers with a contract. The offer requires online activation via att.com/wireless on qualified rate plans of $39.99 or more with a two-year agreement.
Read all the "best of 2011" results from Wireless and Mobile News. We included CNET's Best Top Ten Smartphones of 2011, PC World PCMag and Digital Trends. Consumer Reports' top best-rated choices for Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint are also covered.