Top Best: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update Samsung Galaxy S II/Tab Update, Asus Transformer Prime, Kindle Fire, Verizon Bests Best, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile & Tips
Most Read Top Wireless and Mobile News Stories this Week in Review:
Due to the holiday, this weekly feature is being published today. Our top best read stories this week center around the best of the best of the year along with tips and news.
- The most popular news was the off-again /on-again update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the original Samsung Galaxy S line of smartphones and tablets.
- The Asus Transformer Prime tablet sold-out with shipments returning in January while the staff is not worried about trademark infringement. There were problems reported with an update that is rolling out today, a story is forthcoming.
- The most popular best of the year by carrier smartphone top list was Verizon Wireless.
- On Christmas Day, our readers loved our tips for getting started with a new tablet or smartphone.
- Samsung announced that it will update the Samsung Galaxy S II, Note and newer Galaxy Tabs to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- When the Verizon 4G LTE network was out, we helped our readers to connect to the 3G network with a few toggling tips. The next day, we explained the technical cause of the outage.
- The Wireless and Mobile News' news trends of 2011 were favorite trends of readers.
- Amazon revealed the top gifts, sellers and reviews for 2011 which included the Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Many readers loved the results of the top ten best smartphones of the year for Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint as well as other results this week.