Top 10 Best: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Prime), HTC Rezound(Vigor), Android 4.0 ICS, HP TouchPad 8, Droid Bionc & Samsung Tops iPhone
Most Read Top Wireless and Mobile News Stories this Week in Review:
Our top best read stories this week center around the new super line-up of fall smartphones including the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime, HTC Rezound (Vigor), Droid RAZR, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and updates to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- Verizon announced that it would offer the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Prime).
- The new update for the HTC ThunderBolt started rolling out.
- Readers are debating which will be better the HTC Rezound (Vigor), Droid RAZR or Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Prime) see comments.
- HTC announced that will decide if the HTC ThunderBolt, Sensation 4G and EVO 3D will get an update to Android 4.0 ICS according to the hardware, performance and usability.
- Motorola said that it will update the Droid RAZR, Droid Bionic and Xoom to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) within 6 weeks of the release of the update from Google.
- Meg Whitman announced that HP would keep its PC Division and the HP TouchPad would run Windows 8. There were some reports that webOS would be terminated.
- The HTC Rezound (Vigor) will have a wireless charging back according to new FCC filings.
- Readers were impressed with our premier primer of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich features.
- Readers loved our latest Droid Bionic advanced tips, a follow-up to beginning tips.
- Samsung became the top smartphone maker in the world in Q3 beating out the iPhone.