Top Ten Best: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S Blaze 4G, Droid 4, Windows Phone, Nokia Lumia 710, Skyrocket HD & Transformer Prime
Most Read Top Wireless and Mobile News Stories this Week in Review:
While CES announced the latest and greatest, our readers will still enthusiastic about smartphones and tablets released at the end of 2011.
- The Wireless and Mobile News' review of reviews of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was the most popular review of the week. Readers enjoyed the latest nexus of news and battery saving tips.
- The Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G is part Galaxy Nexus and part Samsung Galaxy S II but has a Samsung Galaxy S name.
- Windows Phone is gaining traction, our readers had many comments about the Windows Phone smoke-out at CES, Windows Phone beat out almost every other smartphone except the Droid Bionic/ Galaxy Nexus/iPhone 4S doing certain tasks.
- The Nokia Lumia 710 was released and touted as the smartphone that understood the "Meaning of Life." The specs are not as spectacular as the claims.
- The Droid 4 was finally announced and is expected to be out shortly and will eventually support world roaming spectrum.
- The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD was announced and we figured out what to expect from it when it is finally released.
- The top non-iPhone sellers 2011 across the networks reflected many of the best reviewed smartphones of the year. The iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S and less expensive models dominated the NPD list of top sellers.
- The Asus Transformer Prime continues to sell-out after it received an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- The HP TouchPad, Kindle Fire, Motorola Xoom and other tablets show up on the Wireless and Mobile News' top tablets of 2011.