Top Best: Samsung Galaxy Note, Droid RAZR/MAXX Updates, Asus Transformer Double, VZW Ends Deal, HTC EVO 4G LTE, Nexus, iPhone & HP TouchPad
Most Read Top Wireless and Mobile News Stories this Week in Review:
This week has been a great week for changes for WiMo News, endings, beginnings, "phun", updates, teasers, sales, deals, new iPhone carriers and our old friend the ImmortaPad. We thought we were seeing double, because double is in two of the top stories this week.
- We had a lot of "phun" with the news about phablets, especially the Samsung Galaxy Note. Analysts predict that this new category will have phenomenal sales. We also noticed that the primary market for this is phamilies. The Samsung Galaxy S III was announced for the U.S. with similar qualities.
- We know from our friends at Motorola in Japan who are saying "konnichiwa"(hello) to Android 4.0 ICS with videos for the Motorola RAZR /MAXX that the release date in the US should be very soon.
- Asus teased its latest releases including a double-duty Windows/Android thing and double-sided device that will be seen this week. It turns out that the Asus will enable Windows PC to run Android apps through a software solution.
- Verizon Wireless has confirmed that it will end the double 4G LTE data deal on June 5, which may or may not be before the release of the Droid Incredible 4G LTE.
- Sprint finally released the HTC EVO 4G LTE on Saturday (we found the best deals online) but it was seen in stores almost a week, earlier.
- Samsung sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy S II are in the multi-millions.
- The Samsung Galaxy Nexus was updated to Android 4.04 with some glitch fixes over at Verizon Wireless.
- The prepaid carrier Cricket Wireless will be offering the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S on June 22.
- Our old friend the HP TouchPad (ImmortaPad) has been abandoned once again. Many members of the HP webOS/Enyo/Pre/TouchPad team have left to work for Google/Android.
- Our most widely read commentary asked the questions "Is the iPhone Losing its Cool and Going to the Dogs?"